Here are some examples of the various festivals that are organized throughout the year in Spigno and its surroundings. Just to have fun and enjoy good food and music.
- From April up to June: the Polenta Festival will be held in many villages of the region as Ponti, Monastero Bormida, Bubbio, Roccaverano.
The “Polentone” of Ponti is well-known but, thanks to its ProLoco, it offers others deliciousness to taste.
- May (1st Sunday), Montechiaro d’Acqui, “Anciuada der Castlan” the anchovies Festival. The best anchovy sandwich that you’ll ever have.
- May (3rd Sunday), Spigno, Risotto Festival.
- May, Castelletto d’Erro, Strawberries Festival, the best ones of the region. We recommend also the Risotto with strawberries, very good.
- June in Montaldo of Spigno there are various events not to miss as the walk in the woods, the Festival of the homemade cakes, the mountain bike race, the Fiat 500 and vintage cars meeting. Besides, the food is very good!
- June, Merana, Festival of the Ravioli (delicious!) and of the Meat.
- July (1st Sunday), Turpino, Figazen Festival.
- July (14-15-16), Acqui Terme, San Guido Feast, patron of the town.
- July (3rd week-end), Squaneto, Saint Anne Feast, with food and music.
- July (24), Pareto, Feast of the Patron, food music and very nice fireworks.
- July (27), Denice, Witches’ Feast.
- August (8), Merana San Fermo Feast, nice fireworks and very good Ravioli.
- August, Acqui Terme, Festival of Brachetto wine.
- August (15), Montaldo di Spigno, Festival of the Patron and Mid-August dinner with music and dance.
- August (15-16), Rocchetta, Feast of the Patron and dinner with mixed boiled meat.
- August (16-17-18-19-20), Ponti, Feast of St. Bernard, good music, dance and lots of culinary specialties (pasta and beans).
- At the end of August, the Hazelnuts Festival, Cortemilia, very good cakes.
- In Spigno, all along September, you can enjoy entertainments, quality food, music and dance. September 8th, especially, is to celebrate the grape harvest.
- September, Acqui Terme, the Feast of Feasts.
- October (3rd Sunday), Turpino, Feast of the “Pulenta” and of the “rustie” (grilled chestnuts).
- October, Serole, Feast of grilled chestnuts.
- November, Bistagno, Feast of the Bagna Cauda ( a unique experience !).
- November (3rd Sunday, Monday and Tuesday), Aqui Terme, Saint Catherine’s Feast.
Many other festivals are organized, do not hesitate to ask for more details.