The JOURNEY in the SENSES:
Villa Cheti perfectly combines rest and nature but if you wish to explore the area you can arrange every day a different journey to plunge in the senses of Monferrato.
We invite you to discover herebelow few itineraries so to fix your trip according to what inspires you the most: culture, fitness, rest, nature, food and wine:
We will be happy to give you all the support to organize your trip and to welcome you back in this peaceful countryside so you can relax by the pool enjoying the last sun of the day.
THE SURROUNDINGS what to visit:
Villa Cheti is located in the heart of an area, between Piedmont and Liguria, rich in terms of oenology, gastronomy and culture. Here is a “flash” on tour opportunities around Villa Cheti:
* not to miss the Langhe, home of the White Truffle of Alba, of red wines among the most appreciated as Barolo and Barbaresco and of tasty and refined cheese (the experts cannot miss the Fair of Cheese in Bra). On your way it should be worth to visit the Falletti and Grinzane Cavour Castles.
* if you are “shopaholic” looking for good price and high quality shopping of well-known Italian brands you should not miss McArthur’s Glen outlet in Serravalle Scrivia and Mondovicino outlet in Mondovì both at approximately one hour drive from Villa Cheti.
* on your way to Mondovì, where one of the outlet store is located, you might visit the Santuario of Vicoforte – Regina Montis Regalis, a monumental church located in the commune of Vicoforte. It is known for having the largest elliptical cupola in the world.
* around Villa Cheti: Valenza is well-known worldwide for high quality golden jewels production; Alessandria is famous for hats production such as Borsalino (or fedora) hat and Novi Ligure for its delicious chocolate.
* in your way to Turin (less than 2 hours drive from Villa Cheti) you might visit the residences of Savoy:
- Stupinigi Hunting Residence, elegant and sumptuous residence that celebrates the myth of Diana and the hunting passion of the Savoy Royal Family;
- The Castle of Rivoli for those who love contemporary art.
- Castle Aglié in the northern part of Turin, where you will find a rich collection of antiques;
- Villa of the Queen in Turin just beyond the Po, which is worth the trip.
- We also recommend a visit to the Venaria Reale.
* in Turin, you should taste the delicious chocolate, the small pastries like Baci di dama and the bicerin (a very special coffee).
Do not miss the annual meeting with the Salone del Gusto!
UNUSUAL: You can also see Turin from a different perspective by choosing a walk in the Po river by boat or on the original tram cars, dated 1934, from the Sassi station.
In Turin you cannot miss the Museo Egizio the world’s second largest collection of Egyptian antiquities after the one in Cairo. The museum is specialized in Egyptian archaeology and anthropology.
* in Piedmont there are many places to visit but we recommend a trip to Lake Maggiore and the Borromean Islands, very nice and romantic.
* the beaches in Liguria can be reached by car or by train in roughly 1:30 from Villa Cheti. The Riviera delle Palme and the beaches of Albisola, Noli, Finale, Alassio and the Riviera dei Fiori and the beaches of Sanremo, Bordighera are easily accessible. Just a bit further even though wonderful, especially in springtime, the botanical gardens of Villa Hanbury in Ventimiglia.
* Genoa, the city of Colombo, at the seaside is at about an hour drive from Villa Cheti. You may enjoy a beautiful view of the harbor and the city going up on the Bigo designed by Renzo Piano; visiting the Aquarium or the Palaces of Rolli (UNESCO heritage) or the historic center of the town (the largest in Europe) while tasting focaccia or farinata, two of its culinary specialties.
And if you like to match the relax of the countryside with the charming life of Genoa and Portofino you should stay few days in our B&B SERRA GERACE in the city center.